Soooo, I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the lovely Claire from ‘bookscoffeeandrepeat’, her blog is amazing and is linked here go and check it out! Thank you so much! Also, the creator of this award is Okoto Enigmas Blog so go and give her blog a read here.
So, I’ll put the rules here for the award-
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
1.I have just started going to the gym. It took me so much confidence and motivation to get a membership but I’ve been going to classes and into the gym intermittently for a week now. I’m loving it so far, I can’t wait to start feeling stronger and seeing a difference in myself. I’m in the process of writing a full post all about it so keep an eye out for that.
2.I buy far too many clothes, especially tops/t-shirts/blouses. I’m so weak when it comes to walking past a New Look or H&M and usually just nip in for a look and come out with bags full ‘by accident’.
3.I drink far too much Coke Zero. This is another one of my biggest weaknesses. I try and drink a lot of water especially now that I’m going to the gym and classes 6 times a week. I’ve limited myself (unsuccessfully) to one 500ml bottle a day. I’m just obsessed with it, at least it’s sugar free!
Questions from Claire–
- Do you know the difference between an anti-hero and a villain? Is there any difference at all? Which character/s do you know of is an anti-hero? How do you feel about them?
I don’t know of a difference and I’ve never even heard of an ‘anti-hero’ until this question. I assume that an anti-hero is a character who just lacks heroism whereas a villain will go out of their means to go against heroism out of spite etc. I can’t actually think of an example of an anti hero sorry!
- Do you own/buy bookish merch. If so, which one’s do you own? Feel free to share some pics! If not, why?
I own a lot of Harry Potter merch, like a lot. I plan to do a full post about it one day. I own bits from other authors/series like Roald Dahl, the Fletchers…
- Now, I want you to list 3 ships. Just type them down here. Are you done? Cool. Now, if you were to decide which ship you’re willing to break (or which ship you’re willing to sink at the bottom of the ocean), which one of the three is it and why? *evil laugh*
I’m so bad at these questions! The one that comes straight to mind is Harry and Hermione, I feel like they suited so much better than Hermoine and Ron!
- List your top 3 unpopular bookish opinions or bookish pet peeves. It can be about book characters or about your book nerd problems. Literally anything, as long as it’s book related.
I sometimes don’t mind the spines of a book being broken, it shows signs that it’s been loved and enjoyed. I never get rid of a book, I keep every book that comes into my collection and would never dream of getting rid of any. If I’m not enjoying a book at the beginning, I tend to stop reading it as forcing myself to do so will make me hate it even more.
- Share your most embarrassing author meet-up/signings or bookish convention story! Just one. If you haven’t attended one of those, write a short story (no word limit, it can be one-sentence for all I care!) about you and your book boyfriend. The story is totally up to you, as long as you include yourself and your book boyfriend. I would appreciate it immensely if it was comedic!
The only thing that comes to mind is when I was at one of Giovanna Fletcher’s book signings and the Waterstones guy went to take the photo and she noticed I had a McBusted phone case and commented on it. I was a tad embarrassed as I thought she’d assume I’m only a fan of her because of Tom etc, but it was fine 🙂
I’m having this as an open nomination as I’m stuck on who to nominate. Anyway, here’s my five questions and make sure you let me know if you accept my nomination-
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve been told?
- What is your lucky number and why?
- If you could only put one more blog post up, what would you upload and why?
- What book would you want your (future) children to read and why?
- How do you order books on a bookshelf i.e. author’s name, book title, colour.
Lastly, here is the link to the blog post that I believe is my best.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!
My social media: